Administration Officer - part time 24hrs per week
How we work
Our ethos runs through everything we do. We are proud of our values which shape not just our work with clients, but the way the company is structured and run.
We support our clients by using sound, evidence-based thinking and deep knowledge of the sector to add value by what we do, often creating bespoke programmes of work. It means that whoever works for us must enjoy the challenge of variety, be flexible in their approach to clients, and be active in turning our ethos into practice.
GGI develops significant original thinking, is one of the most significant publishers in the UK in the field of public sector governance and is continually developing knowledge through our client work. This needs curating and making widely available, both within GGI and, as appropriate, externally as open source materials.
We have recently reorganised to focus our work even more towards impact for our clients. Our work is now orientated around service lines, for example core governance or engagement, and framing our work about the difference we can make to clients rather than describing the particular methods we use to provide our services. We have developed a matrix management approach which values both the holistic development of GGI and at the same time the value we add to clients.
During this first year of the pandemic the team have needed to be flexible thinking, solution-orientated and hard-working. The GGI team is one to join if you enjoy rolling your sleeves up and diving in, not fazed by ambiguity and are able to multi-task. You will get to work alongside senior colleagues both within GGI and in our clients. GGI is a strongly developmental environment for activist learners.
GGI is committed to ethical, inclusive and legally-compliant recruitment and employment practices. We encourage and support applications from candidates without discrimination and operate an equal opportunity workspace.
As a GGI member of staff, you will experience and contribute to a fast-paced consultancy as part of a dedicated team delivering a demanding programme of work. The role contributes to the continued growth of GGI across multiple sectors. This role will provide administrative support to GGI’s corporate affairs function and associated operational plan by working with the Director of Corporate Affairs to ensure that key tasks and activities are planned, managed and delivered effectively.
- Provide secretariat/administrative support to GGI’s key committees and groups – including scheduling meetings, taking minutes, collating papers and preparing agendas. Ensure that all actions are logged and followed up as required
- Support the management of GGI’s internal cycle of business
- Provide administrative support to the delivery of GGI client projects – including project planning, interview scheduling, meeting scheduling, requests of key information and indexing etc.
- Provide administrative support where needed to other key internal GGI functions (e.g. finance, HR, knowledge management, digital etc.)
- Support internal governance and the management of associated documentation, policies procedure, processes and protocols(including managing review dates, indexing etc.)
- Contribute to the development of existing information management systems, in line with organisational requirements
- Manage and monitor relationships with key suppliers, including quality and budget monitoring, where required
- Support the development of an effective risk assurance process across all areas of GGI work
- Work as an integral member of the GGI team in delivering key elements of GGI’s corporate affairs agenda
Skills and attributes
- Experience in an administrative role
- Experience in providing secretariat support for meetings and groups (including agenda setting, minute writing, report writing, preparation and development of meeting papers and reports)
- Ability to conduct desktop research, analyse information and effectively communicate messages and findings
- Experience in project management
- Proficient in using the Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficient in using key digital platforms such as Zoom, Microsoft Teams
- Some knowledge of corporate governance and best practice
- Highly organised and detail-oriented
- Ability to effectively multi-task, prioritise and manage workload against set priorities
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
At GGI we pride ourselves on providing extensive support and a positive learning experience for those who join the team. GGI maintains an ambitious and hardworking culture and strives to support the belief that there are no limits for the potential of individuals.
We have a holistic view of development which is underpinned by the accompanying diagram describing the skills and mindset for members of the GGI team.
We expect the most from our staff and we do our best to be an excellent employer. GGI salaries are good and the organisational ethical ethos strong. Staff who leave us stay in touch and go on to excellent jobs in a variety of senior posts such as in the NHS, policy institutes or large, international consultancies.
Open to applicants throughout the UK. All GGI 31 staff are home-based and we operate as a virtual organisation. We provide good IT equipment and a company phone. We will support you working at home through ongoing assessments in line with good Health and Safety practice. We are just upgrading our software packages around document and project management, our CRM and team communications processes as we go through a major digital development programme.
Salary 33,502-36,936 (pro-rata) dependant on experience. Benefits package includes enhanced employer’s pension contribution, gym/fitness allowance, personal development package and expenses.
GGI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.