GGI is delighted to sponsor the AUA Annual Lecture by Professor Sir Ian Diamond on 15th August 2015 in Leeds. You can find more details about this event here.
We are also organising two roundtable discussions on governance development in higher education in partnership with the Leadership Foundation in Higher Education and the Committee of University Chairs on 20th October 2015 in London and 11th November 2015 in Manchester.
EDUCATION PRACTICE SERVICE OUTLINE
GGI offers a range of bespoke professional services to Higher and Further Education, benchmarking against both the HE and FE Codes of Governance and drawing on our wider public sector governance knowledge and expertise. Key features of our education service include:
- short, rapid diagnostic reviews, assessing governance structures, systems and cultures at a point in time and providing development action plans;
- comprehensive governance reviews, including Board/committee observations, in depth review of documentation and constitutional arrangements, one-to-one interviews with key stakeholders (ie Head of Institution, Chair, Governors and Executive);
- 360 degree review process of Board and Executive members to assess culture, behaviours and integrity of the Board;
- a detailed skills, knowledge and experience audit of Board members;
- review of recruitment processes (and induction procedures) for new Governors, testing the breadth and diversity of the Board;
- benchmarking with peer groups, sector Codes of Governance, HEFCE/SFA guidance and applying the latest governance thinking;
- access to a senior, expert Education Advisory Panel which GGI has brought together, sensitive to the governance challenges and strategic issues facing the sector;
- producing governance development plans and individual coaching and mentoring of Heads of Institutions, Chairs, Secretaries and Board members;
- Board support programme providing short, annual follow up reviews, including two on-site visits to use as the institution feels appropriate.
You can read our governance review of Plymouth University here.
For further information on our Education Practice, please contact Michael Wood: